Friday, November 13, 2009

Excited and Irritated @ the Same Time!

I feel like screaming right now, this really has nothing to do with my weight loss but I figured it would be something different to read. So, Thanksgiving is coming up and my family lives in Fresno, Ca and naturally I want to spend at least one holiday with them. I have 5 vacation days a year where I work and there were never any stipulations in the past 4 years that I have been here, until now! Yesterday I went in and asked if I could have the day after Thanksgiving off since I will be out of town and the jerkface of a boss said that if I take that day then I won't get my paid holiday which is stupid so me being stuborn, I argued with him about it and he said that he would talk to someone above him about it and get back to me today.
I have been waiting for an answer all day and still nothing so finally I just went and asked him and he said that I either have to take all of my vacation days at once meaning I don't come to work at all the week... which in the end would get me fired, or I can give up all of them to have the Friday after Thanksgiving off! I'm soooo pissed off right now! That isn't fair at all and I don't want to get fired so now I have to give up the other days off just so I can have one day... it doesn't even make any sense and he is a d*ck wad!

Anyways, on to my weight loss progress. I gained a pound damnit! I don't know how because I haven't cheated! I have to run today or something because I can't gain weight especially when I am trying so hard and I am being so good! I haven't added anything to my diet and I haven't changed my eating habits so I don't know what the hell is going on! On the plus side, I did find a few recipes for no carb deserts! There's chocolate mousse, brownies and fudge! Mmmmm, I'm going to see if any of them are any good. If anyone is doing the same diet here are the recipes:


Chocolate Mousse
Ingredients:
1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream
4 teaspoons Splenda
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Whip heavy cream in a cold metal bowl with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. (It helps if you place the bowl in the freezer a few minutes before you add the cream)  Gently fold in Splenda and cocoa. Yum Yum Enjoy!
Options:
For Mocha Mousse add 1 Tbsp. Espresso

 Amazing Chocolate Fudge
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (eg Valrhona)
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons butter
4 ounces cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoons Splenda
Melt butter in saucepan. Add cream and cream cheese. Stir until smooth. Add Splenda. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Lower heat, add cocoa and vanilla. Blend. Pour into a buttered dish and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Cut into chunks and enjoy!

 Best Brownies (Step 2 only!)
8 ounces cream cheese
1 1/4 cups Splenda
5 large eggs
1 cup butter
1 1/4 cups Splenda
4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, cut into pieces
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup ground almonds, sifted
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 dash salt
Preheat your oven to 350° F. Spray a 9" by 13" pan.
In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup Splenda until smooth. Add 1 egg. Mix well.
Melt the butter and chocolate in a double boiler, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and allow to cool a little. Stir in the remaining Splenda and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in ground almonds, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Spread into the prepared pan. Spoon the cream cheese filling over the batter. Swirl to make a pattern. Bake 24 minutes or until a toothpick test indicates it is done. Cool and cut into squares.




No comments:

Post a Comment